Day 1 Introduction to Drupal 8 Provides a solid introduction to Drupal 8. Introduces and explains the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands-on activities.
Day 2 Building Websites with Drupal 8 Builds on the skills learned in Day 1 and provides students with a comprehensive deep-dive into the essential skills necessary for building a website with Drupal.
High School students interested in learning more about using the Drupal Content Management System for creating dynamic enterprise level Web Sites. Pre-requisites for the course are an interest in Web Development using a Content management system. Experience using and building websites using systems such as Wordpress, Joomla, HTML and CSS is helpful but not necessary.
- Key features and functionality provided by Drupal 8 core
- Drupal terminology and concepts
- Using modules to extend Drupal's functionality
- Understanding Content types
- Using Views Create lists of content
- Managing displays on your site
- Installing Drupal
- Installing Drupal modules and themes
- Creating user accounts and managing permissions
- SEO-friendly URLs to pages
- Taxonomy system
- Drupal maintenance